This is really crazy. I’m going to let this recipe speak for itself:
3c self-rising sifted flour
1 can warm beer
1 big pinch of salt
Turn out onto a floured surface, knead quickly, put in greased pan, let rest 1 hour, bake at 375 for til golden brown on top (maybe 45 minutes?).
Seriously? That’s all there is to it? Yes. It takes about 30 seconds of work. Try this! It’s totally worth every second. 🙂
A few tips:
- Don’t use a beer right out of the fridge. It won’t rise as well.
- Make sure you put your bread somewhere warmish to rise.
- Don’t be shocked or disappointed if it isn’t, like, good for sandwiches or doesn’t slice neatly.
- It’s an eatin’ bread, not a slicin’ bread. It’s a bit wetter than “normal” bread. And it tastes a little like beer.
- Eat it hot, pile it up with salted butter, and you’ll flip your lid!! We couldn’t quit nibbling, and I think we went through about a stick of butter. 🙂